- Metalloproteins and metal containing biological molecules, Metal activated enzymes in hydrolysis. Transition metals in biological redox reactions.
- Nitrogen fixation and nitrogen cycle, Oxygen carriers, storage and transport or iron, alkali metal and alkalene earth metal cations in biology. Role of chelating agents in medicine and metals in medicine.
- Non metals as trace elements and newer knowledge on trace elements Absorption, Transport and Tissue storage.
Suggested as Text
- M.N. Hughes, Inorganic Chemistry of biological processes, 2nd edition, John Wiley & Sons, 1985.
Other references materials:
- J. Kimura, Structure and Bonding Vol.5, Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1969.
- W.G. Zumft, Structure and Bonding Vol29 pp.1, 1976
- D. Sellman, Angew. Chem.Int.Ed.Vol.13, 639 1974
- J.M. Lehn, Structure and bonding, Vol.16, 1, 1973
In addition, relevant literature will be included from Annual Review of Biochemistry, Nature, Biochemistry etc. on Special Topics.