Bio-Organic and Medicinal Chemistry
- Development of short synthetic routes to biologically active compounds.
- Development of mechanism-based reversible inhibitors of kinases to target cancer.
- Studies to understand the mechanisms of drug action, uptake and localization using molecular probes and development of delivery systems for the specific trafficking of drug molecules to their sites of action.
- Design, synthesis and development of new glycolipid mimics for material design and membrane engineering.
- Design of new peptidic/nonpeptidic oligomers with specific conformational preferences in solution and their development into signal transduction modulators and antimicrobial agents.
- New organic materials through supramolecular foldamer assembly.