1995 – 1998 B.Sc. (Chemistry)
1998 – 2000 M.Sc. (Physical Chemistry)
2000 – 2004 Ph.D. (Chemistry)
POST – DOCTORAL RESEARCH:
Aug.2005 – Dec.2005 Research Fellow, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
Jan.2006 – May 2008 Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, University of Aveiro, Portugal.
May 2008 – July 2010 Research Associate, QUILL, Queen’s University Belfast, UK.
Dec.2002 – April 2003 Adhoc Lecturer, Shree Jayendra Puri Arts & Science College, Bharuch.
Aug.2003 – Nov.2004 Visiting Lecturer, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat, INDIA.
Jan.2005 – Aug.2005 Teaching Assistant in Chemistry at Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat, INDIA.
Aug.2010 – July 2015 Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai – 600 036, INDIA.
July 2015 – to date Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai – 600 036, INDIA.
|Invited Talks:||64 Invited Talks|
Co-author in Paper Presented by Colleagues: 14 Oral + 69 Posters
|Book Chapters:Patents:||02 Published 04 Filed ( 01 International + 03 National )|
SCOPUS Author ID: 6505861432
Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=XMS4hv0AAAAJ
3510 (for 125 documents) 28.1 Citations per paper (SCOPUS)
4175 (for 125 documents) 33.4 Citations per paper (Google Scholar)
h-index = 31 (31 out of 125 documents have each been cited at least 31 times)
Active reviewer for 30+ chemistry related journals from various publishers like RSC, ACS, Elsevier, Springer, Wiley, Taylor & Francis etc.
Completed: 7 (4 PI + 3 Co-PI) and On-going: 1 (Co-PI)
Total 8 Projects amount: about Rs. 600 Lakhs.
Ph.D. Completed: 8 (6 Guide + 2 Co-guide)
Ph.D. On-going: 8 (6 Guide + 2 Co-guide)
M.Sc. Projects completed: 12
M.Sc. Projects on-going: 1
KEY RESEARCH ACHIEVEMENTS:
- “Gardas and Coutinho Model” – Based on a QSPR approach, a new model was developed for describing the densities of ionic liquids in the wide ranges of pressures and temperatures (Fluid Phase Equilib. 263 (2008) 26-32, Citations: 225+), which is now widely known and cited as “Gardas and Coutinho Model”.
- NIST Database: 7500+ thermodynamic data measured in our lab at IIT Madras are included in NIST Standard Reference Database #147 Programme – ILThermo (Database for Thermodynamic Properties of Ionic Liquids), developed by Thermodynamics Research Center (TRC), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), USA. http://ilthermo.boulder.nist.gov/
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS:
- Institute Research and Development Award (IRDA) – 2015 (Junior Level) from IIT Madras. As a part of this award, Rs. 20 Lakhs Project has been sanctioned.
- Prof. H.C. Gaur Memorial Lecture Award – 2017 in Chemistry from University of Delhi.
Dr. Arvind Kumar Memorial Award ‐ 2016 from Indian Council of Chemists (ICC).
- Young Scientist Award (Saraswathy Srinivasan Prize) – 2016 from The Academy of Sciences, Chennai.
- Prof. Oswal Young Scientist Award – 2013 from The Indian Thermodynamics Society.
- Shri J. C. Bose Patent Award (2015) – from IIT Madras, awarded on 23 July 2016, in recognition of Indian patent on “Composition and Process for Enhanced Oil Recovery” – Patent Application No: 1597/CHE/2015 dated 27 March 2015.
- Editorial Board Member (2017 – up to 2019) of Thermochimica Acta, Elsevier.
- Joint Secretary (2012 – 2015), Society for Advancement of Chemical Sciences and Education (SACSE), IGCAR (Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research), Kalpakkam.
- Joint Secretary (2016 – up to 2018), The Indian Thermodynamics Society, Amritsar.
- Delivered 64 Invited Talks.
- Reviewer of more than 30 scientific journals from various publishers.
- Certificate of Excellence in Reviewing from Fluid Phase Equilibria (2013) and Journal of Molecular Liquids (2013), Elsevier, in recognition of an outstanding contribution to the quality of the journal.
- Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing from The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics (2015), Thermochimica Acta (2015) and Journal of Molecular Liquids (2015), Elsevier.
- Earned a place among top 30 % of reviewers for the J. Chem. Eng. Data (American Chemical Society).
- Organizing committee core-member, 7th National Conference on Thermodynamics of Chemical, Biological and Environmental processes (TCBEP-2012), The Indian Thermodynamics Society, hosted by S.V. University, Tirupati, India, during December 10-12, 2012.
- Convener, Chemistry in-House Symposium (CiHS-2014 (13 August, 2014)),
- Co-Convener, CiHS-2012 (22 August, 2012) and CiHS-2013 (21 August, 2013), IIT Madras, India (http://chem.iitm.ac.in/cihs/)
- Treasurer, MEDCHEM 2011, IIT Madras, India (http://www.chem.iitm.ac.in/medchem2011/)
- Best Poster Presentation Award for the poster entitled “Octanol-Water Partition Coefficients of Imidazolium based Ionic Liquids” presented at 2nd National Conference on Thermodynamics of Chemical & Biologycal systems, hosted by Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat, India, during October 30 to November 1, 2006.
- Post-doctoral grant (for 3 years, 2006 to 2008) from the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT), Portugal. Grant number: SFRH/BPD/23246/2005
- Member (from May 2008 to July 2010) of a confidential project sponsored by Petronas (Malaysia), at QUILL, School of Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, Queen’s University Belfast, UK.
- Chaired the session during (i) International Conference on Nanotechnology and Ultrasound (ICNU-2011), Organized by St. Joseph’s College, Tiruchirapalli, India, January 12-14, 2011. (ii) An Indo-Spanish Workshop on Solar Absorption Refrigeration Systems Operating with Ionic Liquids, IIT Madras, during February 21-22, 2014. (iii) International Symposium on Application of Ionic Liquids (ISOIL 2016), Organized by Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, India, during January 21-22, 2016.
- Judging Committee member for SEATS (Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent for Science) projects under the INSPIRE Award Competition by DST, Government of India, organized by Kendriya Vidyala IIT Campus, Chennai on 20.01.2012.
- Oral / Poster Presentation Judging Committee member for the selection of best oral / poster presentation award at (i) Chennai Chemistry Conference – 2011, IIT Madras, 11-13 Feb, 2011, (ii) National Chemical Constellation Cheminar (NCCC-2011), National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, India, 20-21 Aug 2011, and (iii) 11th National Conference of the Indian Thermodynamics Society, organized by University of Jammu, India, during December 02-03, 2016.