- M.Sc., Bangalore University, Bangalore
Areas of Expertise
- Bioinorganic Chemistry (Porphyrins and Metalloporphyrins).
- Fullerenes & fullerides
- Dendrimer metalloporphyrins – Molecular recognition and catalysis.
- Supramolecular chemistry of porphyrins including network solids.
- Application of porphyrins in absolute configuration determination of chiral organic molecules.
- Application of electroanalytical techniques in characterization of porphyrins and metalloporphyrins.
- Applications of substituted porphyrins in dye-sensitised solar cells
Research and professional Experience
- 1992 – 1993 Post-doctoral research associate, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
- 1994 – 1997 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, USA
- 1998 – Assistant Professor, IITMadras
- 1999 – AvH Fellow, Freie University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
- 2004 – (May-July) short visit, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, USA
- 2005 – 2006 JSPS Invitation Fellow, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
- 2006 – Associate Professor, IITMadras
- 2009 – Biography listed in ‘Marquis Who’s Who’ in the World
- 2009 – To date, Professor, IITMadras
- 2011-2012 Visiting Professor, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
- 2013 – (May-July) Extended AvH Fellowship, Frederich-Alexander Universitat Erlangen-Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Copyright © 2014 Department of Chemistry, IIT Madras. All rights reserved.
Designed by: Clusters World