Current Group Students
1. Dr. Balaram Mohapatra (National Post-Doctoral Fellow, DST, Govt. of India)
Summer internship students:
1. Mr. Famil Joseph Shajan (Savithribai Phule Pune University)(INSPIRE Fellow)
2. Mr. Sandeep Nayak (NIT Karnataka)
3. Mr. Shivananda (NIT Karnataka)
Past Ph. D. Students
Dr. P. Bhavana (Sterically crowded porphyrins: Synthesis and their properties), Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, BITS Pilani, Goa.
Dr. M. Sankar (Mixed substituted porphyrins: Synthesis, structures and their Properties), Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
Dr. C. Arunkumar (Functionalised porphyrin liquid crystals: Synthesis and their properties), Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Kozhikode, Kerala
Dr. V. Velkannan (β-pyrrole substituted tetraphenylporphyrins: Syntheses, structures and their properties), Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, Tamil Nadu
Dr. K. Karunanithi (Structural elucidation of porphyrin-fullerene cocrystallates and some functionalised metalloporphyrins), Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Valliammai Engineering College (SRM group), SRM Nagar, Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu.
Past M. Sc., Project Students
1. Mr. R. Kutralanathan (May 1998) Synthesis and characterisation of tetraphenylporphyrin and its metal derivatives.
2. Ms. H. Lakshmi (April 1999) Synthesis and characterisation of 2-nitro-3,7,8,12,13,17,18-heptabromo-5,10,15,20-tetraphenylporphyrin and its metal complexes.
3. Ms. M. Bharathi (April 2000) The First Synthesis of Atropisomers of Functionalised meso-Tetra(3′-nitrophenyl)porphyrins.
4. Mr. P. K. Kumar (July 2002), An improved protocol for the synthesis of antipodal β-tetrabromotetraphenylporphyrin and the crystal structure of its Zn(II) complex.
5. Mr. G. Subramanian (July 2003) Axial ligation behaviour of some substituted tetraphenylporphinato zinc(II) complexes.
6. Mr. P. Anuthaman (April, 2004) Bromination of tetraphenylporphyrin.
7. Mr. K. G. Thakur (April 2005) Selective synthesis of partially brominated tetraphenylporphyrins.
8. Mr. D. Dana (April 2008) Synthesis of mono and disubstituted porphyrins
9. Mr. A. Maity (April 2008) Regioselective synthesis of 12,13-dibromo-2-formyl- tetraphenylporphyrin and its metal derivatives.
10. Mr. J. Mondal (April 2010) Synthesis of beta-tetraaryl-meso-tetraphenylporphyrins.
11. Mr. S. Biswas (May 2011) Synthesis and characterisation of first generation phenyl ether dendrimer with peripheral ester and carboxylic acid groups.
12. Mr. B. Mondal (April 2012) Solvent dependent optical absorption spectral properties of β-tetra(bromo/cyano)-meso-tetraphenylporphyrins.
Copyright © 2014 Department of Chemistry, IIT Madras. All rights reserved.
Designed by: Clusters World