The Department has well equipped laboratories in the fields of analytical and inorganic chemistry, heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysis and adsorption studies, electrochemistry, high pressure chemistry, surface chemistry, organic chemistry and photochemistry. In recent years, new facilities have been added in other areas of activities such as biochemistry, chemical kinetics, organometallic chemistry, polymer chemistry, solid state and structural chemistry. The Department has recently set up a computational laboratory.
The available research equipments are: (Please click on the instrument link to know the charges and to download the form)
- Spectrometers: IR, FTIR, UV-VIS, AA, Fluorimeter, TSCPC
- Chromotographs: HPLC, GLC, GPLC
- Mass Spectrometers: High Resolution Q-Tof Mass, GCMS/MS
- Thermal analysers: TGA7 (Perkin Elmer),Q500 Hi-Res TGA from TA instruments), DSC7 (Perkin Elmer),Q200 MDSC from TA instruments)
- High Resolution NMR: Bruker 400 MHz NMR Spectrometer & Bruker 500 MHz NMR Spectrometer
- Single crystal XRD: Bruker X8 Kappa APEXII
- Chemisorption: Chemisorb 2750 from Micromeritics
- Porosimeter: ASAP2020 from Micromeritics
- CHN-Analyser: PERKIN-ELMER CHN-2400
- Atomic Force Microscope- Park Systems-Model XE-100
- MALDI: Bruker
- Laser RAMAN: Bruker
- ESR SPectrometer
- Vibrating sample magnetometer (VSM): lakeshore model 7407
- Powder XRD (PXRD) :model Bruker D8 advance PXRD
In addition, a variety of sophisticated instruments such as Electrochemical instruments, Sorptometer, Photoreactors, Nuclear Instruments etc. are available to students.
The Department has its own library in addition to the Institute main library.
For description of selected equipments, please click here.