Broad classification of natural products. Isolation, biosynthesis and stereo/enantio-selective synthesis of representative examples from the domain of Alkaloids, Steroids, Terpenes, Hormones, Pheromones, Macrolides, Penicillins and Prostaglandins. Synthesis of lead molecules based on natural products for different therapeutic areas.
- Classics in Total Synthesis by K. C. Nicolaou & E. J. Sorensen, VCH, 1996.
- Classics in Total Synthesis II, K. C. Nicolaou & S. A. Snyder, VCH, 2003.
- The Logic of Chemical Synthesis by E. J. Corey & X-M. Cheng
- Natural Products Chemistry & Applications, Bhat, S.V.; Nagasampagi, B. A. & Meenakshi, S Narosa Publishing House, 2009
- Classics in Stereoselective Synthesis by Carreira, E. M.; Kvaerno, L, Wiley VCH, 2009